Thursday, September 15, 2011

Do you really Know Me??

Most people may describe me as a happy person. However, what might surprise you is that, I'm not. I've had a plethora of problems in childhood and I never really told anyone any of my stories. I'm a secretive person. I don't tell people about my life or my past and I usually keep things to myself.  As a child I found out I had dyslexia, a developmental reading disorder.  I grew up with this as a secret, I seldom told a soul of it. My peers would spend perhaps 20 minutes on an assignment while I would spend hours.  I would need to apply myself more than others around me.  Yet, no matter how hard I tried i was never at the same level I always felt like I was behind.  Even to this day I deal with it and it hasn't gotten any easier.  I'm constantly under stress and it elevates to distress.  It's one of the toughest challenges I have to face.   

9 comments:

  1. dont forget lock your doorsimma visit tonite lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should find one special person to tell everything to, it actually helps trust me (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to you in so many ways. I also keep things to myself and don't tell people anything. I also have dyslexia, but my dyslexia is visual.
    So, i understand you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im not gonna pretend to know how you feel because i dont .. But my brother was born with something to (Big name) that doesnt let him remember anything.. i remember him comin home everyday crying(even tho he was 18) because he couldnt remember any of the things that the teachers had told him.. He hated hw (math to be exact) and always seemed to be mad at the world... It wasnt until he decided that he wanted to cook... and even though he couldnt remember the recipes he would make a new dish everytime and because of this he is now one of the best cooks at the place that he works.. so trust me when it tell u that ur gonna be alright.. Just hang tight and find something that u love to do and youll make it through =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im not a secretive person because i found out a long time ago that it can be very harmful to myself so i started letting people in. You should start by telling that one person you trust the most or a random stranger on the street because hey your never going to see them again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know im no one to be telling you what you should do and you dont know me well enough to take my advice but all i can say is that speaking from experience keeping in things doesnt help at all especially if they are things that hurt you because you are only gonna be hurting yourself more..
    you should let those things out either by talking to someone, writing it on paper, drawing, etc. to help let things out cuz we can only hold so much in until we break and the breakage point is not a pretty place to be because all the things youve been hiding, or running from WILL sneak up on you....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not going to give you advice on how you should live your life, i keep secrets and i feel perfectly fine, i don't have dyslexia, so i don't really know what that feels like, JUST KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

    ReplyDelete